Every developer should be familiar with this Git commands.
Okay, Git is necessary to keep our project in a safe place. we can also collaborate on a specific project & build something grate things. So that's why a git is a necessary tool for every developer. Today I will show you some useful git commends which will use every moment.
1. Initializes a new Git repository
2. Add file or add all files
git add file_name //or git add .
3. Reverts to the last commit & undoes the changes to the local files.
4. The difference between two commits' files, or between a commit and your current repository, is displayed.
5. It's used to see how the staging area and working directory are doing.
6. This command is used to commit files to the repository (locally).
git commit -m "message"
7. See the commit history
8. This command is used to display a list of all the machine's local branches.
9. Download existing code from a remote repository.
10. To establish a new branch locally, use this command.
git branch branch_name
11. Delete a branch.
git branch -d branch_name
12. To rename current working branch, used to this command
git branch -m new_branch_name
13. The provided branch is merged into the current functioning branch.
git merge branch_name
14. Switch current branch to another branch.
git checkout branch_name
15. Creating a new branch & switch to the new one.
git checkout -b branch_name
16. Save all commits to the remote repository.
git push <remote> <branch> //example git push main branch_name //check your all remote repository git remote -v
17. Pull down all the updates rom the remote repository.
git pull remote_name //example git pull main
18. Remove a file from the working directory.
git rm file_name
19. It's used to get rid of changes that haven't been committed yet.
20. Removing Git from a project
If you want to completely remove Git from a project, simply open it, make sure you can see hidden files, then delete the '.git' folder.